Sunday, August 23, 2009

In Love with Lagoon

I haven't been to Lagoon in years. No, let me retract. I haven't been to Lagoon when I'm not pregnant in years. Usually I stay off the big rides with whatever small children are clinging to my motherly skirts and watch all of the big kids have fun with John. (I did cheat when I was 5 mos. pregnant with Timothy and ride the Rocket as well as the Spider, but alas, I digress.)
This year, with the benevolence of Jennifer and Amy in my corner, I left Bethany, Timothy, and Matthew home, took on cousins Aaron and Abby, and left with Ashley, Andrew, and Natalie to Farmington. It promised to be 100 degrees, and I had it in my head that you can't wear open-toed shoes there for certain rides. So, I wore my shoes and socks, but didn't have any of those cute little "hidden" socks that look like you're wearing NO socks, so I thought I'd have to wear pants because you just don't wear calf-length socks with capris! Then, as I got ready, I realized I didnt' have any t-shirts...just a capped-sleeve turtleneck...which I wore, and to any who know me, YES...it WAS black. I think I looked like the biggest idiot with long pants, shoes, and a turtleneck! Oh well! I had fun regardless! I'll let the pictures do the talking!

We ran to the Wild Mouse FIRST!!!Music ExpressWaiting for the Spider
A mid-day rest In line for the Log ride

Trying to avoid the Waterfall on Rattlesnake Rapids
AFTER Rattlesnake RapidsSometimes the kiddie rides don't hold enough excitement for an almost-11-year-oldThe Scrambler!These two are the cutest little friendsBuddies Aaron and Andrew
On the Cliffhanger...sopping wet!
Thanks again to the babysitters! At the end of the night, Ashley and I ran to the Samurai for one last ride. That thing is a killer! When the ride ended, the park was closing, but there were still 15 people in line for the last ride that could hold 30 people, so we rode once more. Twice in a row was a little much for me! I think for the first time in my life I was a little nauseated getting off of a ride! Hmmm.... But we love Lagoon!

No comments:

Doing it for Me...(and them...)

Selling a home or not: Ideas for refreshing your living space I remember someone once remarked that sometimes we only update things in our...