Monday, May 03, 2010

Domestic

John's Mom turned 80 this past month, and so I was asked to bring 4 dozen treats. Feeling ambitious about such a special occasion, my amazing mom helped me whip out 6 dozen of the prettiest little fruit tarts!

We made them with sugar cookie dough, and put them in cupcake cups (like pie crust) and baked them, then drizzled 1/4 inch of chocolate in the bottom, made the "filling" with 1/2 whipped cream and 1/2 jello vanilla pudding (with just 2 1/2 cups of milk instead of 3) then arranged the fruit...and for that beautiful shiny glaze, melted apple jelly on the stove, then brushed the fruit with it.

VOILA!





3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am impressed! Hey, Kim, I'd like to invite you to author on a blog I help out with. The address is http://wellfunctioningfamily.blogspot.com/
Now don't let the name intimidate you! The goal of the blog is for all of us to help each other keep our families functioning well. If you are interested, email me at valerie@saywhatdesigns.com. Thanks! Valerie

Christina said...

DUHLISH!!!! why do you guys have to live in UTAH!??!?! move to so cal PLEASE---we need the yumminess!!!

Lauren said...

Those were so good! I'm impressed! I looked at how perfect they were and assumed someone bought them from a bakery :).

Doing it for Me...(and them...)

Selling a home or not: Ideas for refreshing your living space I remember someone once remarked that sometimes we only update things in our...