Friday, April 16, 2010

Illegal

Don't you think a good Driver's License picture is as rare as a matching pair of child's shoes on a Sunday morning?

Well I do. But I happen to actually like mine. Well, I DID. I DID until about three days ago. You see, when I got it about 5 years ago, I went to an unknown little division of the DMV where I was one of about 5 patrons. When the guy took my picture, he swung his computer screen around and said, "are you happy with the picture, or should I take another?" LIKE THAT EVER HAPPENS!!!

So for 5 years, I was HAPPY to show my I.D. whenever asked. Three days ago when I got pulled over, even though I was feeling bad for WHATEVER I was being unjustly accused of, I knew at least my picture was cute. :)

This cop was funny. Not only did he flash his lights at me, he waited a good three or four blocks before he did...AND, he turned on his SIREN. WHAT??? I KNEW I wasn't doing anything wrong. Was Timothy jumping up and down in the back of the car without his seatbelt? Was a tail-light out? Why in the world did he target ME?

Well, as it turns out, my eyes don't work as well as my lead-foot, and I was speeding. He took my license, and when he came back, he said, "the news just went from bad to worse." huh? I haven't had THAT many tickets before!

Apparently, my license had expired about a month before on my birthday. So, this man decided to SEIZE my license to "encourage" me to take care of the matter quickly. I jokingly asked him "well, if you have my license, how am I supposed to get home?" He said, "Carefully."

It didn't help that I had all six kids with me, and Ashley remarked "I can't wait to get to school tomorrow and tell my friends that you got your license taken away." I'm sure you can't, honey.

The next day, and 2 hours and 47 people ahead of me at the DMV later (they closed my favorite little unknown branch) I have a license (at least on paper until the "hard copy" arrives) and UGH. I HATE the picture. I guess good things can't last forever. My picture, OR my driving record.

3 comments:

Stephanie said...

How awful and hilarious! I still have the same license that I got right after I got married. So I am 19 in the picture. And it has red bold lettering saying UNDER 21 UNTIL 1998. It doesn't expire until somewhere around 2026.

Utah has you get a new one every 5 years?

Sorry about the new picture.

Melanie Bingham said...

I'm luaghing my head off because I soooo feel your pain!

Christina said...

hilarious---we wont talk about my "records"...lets just saw 3 cop cars...3 SEPARATE times...oopsies!

Doing it for Me...(and them...)

Selling a home or not: Ideas for refreshing your living space I remember someone once remarked that sometimes we only update things in our...