Sunday, June 06, 2010

Friends

I thugged these pics from my friend's blog. Thanks!
My brain is elsewhere today, and when I posted my last weeks' posts, I didn't do them in order. I should have started out talking about my great friends, the Algers. We met about 4 years ago at Aspen Grove Family Camp. We didn't have much time together, just a few days, but we became fast friends.

Over the years we have mostly chatted through email and kept in touch through blogs, but that has been enough! They are the kind of people you feel close to, even though you live hundreds of miles apart.

Steph is one of those people that I have so much in common with, and yet, someone that is so much better than I am in so many ways. She inspires me! She has NINE children who are some of the most polite and well-behaved kids I have ever seen.

I've only seen them twice since we first met, but they came to visit us recently before heading up to Aspen Grove for their bi-annual family reunion. You'd think that 9 children plus our 6 would make for an overly- "full house" but truly, it was like filling your home with angels. We had a lot of time to chat, play, laugh, and just enjoy each others' company!

I sure love you all! The week went by too quickly, but I can't wait until our next vacation together!

Love you!

1 comment:

Stephanie said...

I am the one who is honored to be your "sister". You inspire me as well. Your life is so busy, but yet you have WONDERFUL, grounded, talented, loving children that I adore.

I could talk with you for forever and not get tired of you! We truly feel like part of the family, everyone got on so well. We had some very upset children when we left. The said we should have consulted them on the plans and made the whole week a Bytheway week. Oh well, we will do better next time.

Thank you for sharing your life with us last week. We are still grieving our separation and can't wait to play with you all again!

Love you!!!! XXOO

PS - Daniel has told all my family that you are his girlfriend. SO CUTE!! He beams when your name is mentioned.

Doing it for Me...(and them...)

Selling a home or not: Ideas for refreshing your living space I remember someone once remarked that sometimes we only update things in our...