Thursday, March 06, 2008

The Ol' Grey Mare, She Ain't What She Used to Be


Ok. It happened. I turned 29. A few years ago. Now I'm 33. I think I'll just assume this is the "luckiest" birthday ever, because, hey, two "3"s, until, of course, I turn 77. So here's the quick recap. My exciting morning began with an offer of breakfast in bed from my sweet husband, which I (hopefully) graciously turned down. (Hey, got this baby fat.) So, he came home early from work and offered to watch the kids while I went to lunch, shopping, or to get a massage or facial. Actually, I really felt like being with him, so we buckled the kids up and decided to try the new Cheesecake Factory they just built. I made a few quick phone calls to see if anyone wanted to join us, so Tiffany and kids along with my parents and Grandma Loveridge joined us. We were told at the busy lunch hour the wait might be upwards of 40 mintues, and with five tiny kids, the lobby just wasn't entertaining enough. We also realized there was no "child" menu, and we should probably come back another time.
Dad, on a tight schedule between clients suggested we hit Chuck-a-Rama right next door. Now, since childhood, we've dubbed it "Up-chuck-a-rama" and somehow it wasn't feeling like the venue I had envisioned for my Birthday. Oh well...majority rules as do tight schedules, and so we went...and I have to admit, that lemon-flavored-whipped-cream-jello mold is pretty tasty!
Afterward, Tiff and I headed to Tai Pan Trading (while John took the kids home)...and I bought myself a birthday present...a new centerpiece for my coffee table in the front room. It was love at first sight!


My Mom and Grandma came by that night with FRESH DIPPED STRAWBERRIES...the best in the UNIVERSE, and to BABYSIT! Thanks so much!
John called in a favor from Robbie Bosco (former BYU quarterback with ticket connections) who got us 13th row center court seats to the basketball game (Senior night...last home game) and a catered dinner from Magleby's. It was so fun, especially considering the 20-something point victory! I carted my camera along with me, then left it in the CAR! I'm so bad at this! Oh well...just picture us at a game... Blue and yellow jerseys on the court, Cosmo jumping around: you get the idea.
All-in-all...a great night.


The next night we celebrated with the kids. (Notice all of the kids holding three fingers...for "33"). We had a pizza and movie night at home and watched "Mr. Magorium's Wonder Emporium".

...and a little help from ALL of them blowing out candles! Look at them pucker!
p.s. My "un-birthday" present from John: a new front-loading washer and dryer!!!!! (It's an un-birthday present, because he said he can't give appliances for gifts, because we've all seen how that backfired in "Father of the Bride." I love you, honey!)

2 comments:

Hanson3 said...

Kim- I don't know you personally, but I stumbled upon your blog, and I thought this would be a perfect oppertunity to tell you and your husband John thank you for writing the book 'What We Wish We'd Known When We Were Newly-Weds'. I love all the tips and stories in it. I admit I have read it over ten times. I think it has really helped me in my marriage.
Thanks again, and keep up the good work!
-BHanson

Marshall said...

Happy Birthday... again...! We're so glad that you had such a fun day! (And thanks for organizing Leatherbee's as a birthday extension too!

I love that you are my sister and that we have opportunities to grow closer! We're looking forward to a fun summer with everyone!

Happy laundry washing for you - I am way too jealous of those bells and whistles... Just a piece of advice from Dad: he mentioned that when you wash on the "baby cycle" that you only throw one in at a time to prevent wrinkling!

Doing it for Me...(and them...)

Selling a home or not: Ideas for refreshing your living space I remember someone once remarked that sometimes we only update things in our...