Monday, March 31, 2008

Spring Break

So, as long as I'm at the computer, I thought I'd post about our Spring Break. Our kids got a full 10 days off of school! YAY! I LOVED vacations when I was a kid. I look forward to these days when we can get a little off-schedule from waking up early and doing breakfast, hair, and the usual morning rush to sleeping in, wearing jammies until mid-morning, staying up late...you get the idea. We didn't plan on anything much for vacation because John has this Job... hee hee hee... so we just did little things with the kids. Perhaps the highlight for Natalie was losing TWO teeth!

I just LOVE when kids lose both front teeth at the same time. I think it's rare!
One day we went to the park with the Johnsons, another we rented a movie, one we went to the Mayan Restaurant and wandered around Cabella's, and another visited Natalie, Madelyn, Elayna and Ashton. We also had the pinewood derby! All in all, it really was just a relaxing...VACATION!
Here are a few pics...
Here we are at the park with the Johnsons. The kids brought scooters and had a great time.


This is the Mayan restaurant. Once you step inside, it's like you're in another world. John remarked it was like Disneyland...the Indiana Jones ride. He's right! The kids LOVED the cliff-divers, and we all loved the food and good company of Grandma and Grandpa!

<

After dinner, we just wandered around Cabella's. The kids love seeing the stuffed wildlife and watching the HUGE fish in the tanks. We spent a few quarters in the shooting gallery trying to get the snakes to squirt each other. Fun stuff!


So, for the pinewood derby, I tried to copy the body style of Christian's winning racer from 6 years ago...and with the help of Mom and Mark Green's bandsaw, got pretty close...until the wheel axle split two sections of wood, and the thing wouldn't go straight! So...when we got to the derby, Andrew opted to race CHRISTIAN'S car! Oh well...but here he is with the one we made together, even though we didn't race it...and it's a good thing, too. We ran it down the track after the derby was over, and lemmee tell you, a SNAIL would have given it a hard time!

Here's one of Matthew with "graphite fingers."

I also wanted to mention that we had Easter over Spring Break as well. I already posted about Easter, but I just wanted to include a few pictures...
Here are the girls..."Cheers!"

I bought some special "Easter Edition" Jones soda for dinner. Ashley is always begging me to buy some because her teacher at school is Mrs. Jones.

The family dinner...

And for dessert....

You may notice the blatant absence of the "easter dresses" pictures. Actually, I didn't really buy any this year. Bah humbug, I know. I did buy a dress for Natalie, but everyone else just wore something they had. I actually forgot to do the little family picture on Easter morning, but since it came so early this year, none of my flowers had bloomed, so we just bagged it. I regret it now. Maybe a re-staging next week? Nah.

2 comments:

The Mercer Family said...

Sounds like you had a busy, fun-filled spring break! Also...10 DAYS??? I don't remember my spring break ever being 10 days. What lucky dogs! Easter dinner looked fun too. Sorry we couldn't make it- I'm sad we missed out on the special soda- but most of all- the company!

Marshall said...

Talk about filling up your week - it looks like you guys had a lot of fun... Just remember to save some for us when we are in town for the summer!

Doing it for Me...(and them...)

Selling a home or not: Ideas for refreshing your living space I remember someone once remarked that sometimes we only update things in our...