Tuesday, January 13, 2009

Seven is heaven

Natalie turned 7!!! I vividly remember that Christmas eve back in 2001 when I was having contractions, and despite my self-imposed bedrest to avoid a Christmas baby, I thought the baby was coming anyway. After our Christmas Eve parties, we went to bed, KNOWING in a few hours we'd probably be at the hospital having our baby...but she WAITED! We did some shopping exchanges on the 26th, and Natalie Noelle was born on the 27th (Auntie Carrie's birthday, too!) What a fun memory. Happy Birthday, honey!





Here is what I love about Natalie: she is a SWEETHEART. She is ALWAYS thinking of others. She got a gift-certificate to Build-a-bear for Christmas, and wanted to buy bears for everyone in the family! She is constantly making pictures and letters for everyone, and is the "huggiest" child I've ever known. She is loving and thoughtful, and a real nurturing soul. She always asks for "one more kiss" and "one more hug" at bedtime, before leaving for school, and loves to snuggle.

She is every bit a little princess, and loves to look "pretty" and feminine. She has MANY friends at school (she said to me the other day, "mom, all my friends keep asking me if they can have a playdate with me, and I just say, 'I'll have to think about it.'") So funny!

She loves having "company" whatever she does (is this a fatal flaw?) For example, "Natalie, please clean your room" is quickly followed up with a response of "what is Ashley doing?" But the best part is that she loves to hold hands and sit on my lap, and I hope she always does. She's a little angel, perfectly situated at the middle of our family to balance the rest of us out.

Love you, Nattles!

1 comment:

Melanie Bingham said...

She is beautiful...,just like her mama

Doing it for Me...(and them...)

Selling a home or not: Ideas for refreshing your living space I remember someone once remarked that sometimes we only update things in our...