Thursday, September 10, 2009

Birthday Celebrations

For Ashley's birthday, we took the kids up to Park City to ride the Alpine Slide. It was such fun! Ashley zips down first...
followed closely by Nattles
and Andrew....
For the first round, Matthew rode with John, but then for the second ride, he was supposed to go with me. He was so mad, and probably couldn't quite understand WHY he had to go with me, so he said he would rather just sit and cry, and MISS riding with me because he couldn't go with John...and somebody called it the terrible TWOs. I think it's the frustrating FIVEs. :) I'd rather just sit here and cry...
Mom came along to sit with me and tend Bethany while we awaited our turn down the slide. Mom's a speedster down that mountain!Riding on the lift up the mountain with TimothyThat night we opened presents...and of course I forgot my camera, but thankfully Auntie Amy had hers handy! While we wait for pictures, we'll just post the "present!" We gave Ashley a certificate for horseback riding with us up the canyons at Snowbird Ski Resort. She was in HEAVEN! It was the perfect activity in the perfect venue. We had a great time!
Riding the Snowbird tram to the lookout point. What a view! On top of the world...
Helmets on for a rocky ride down the canyon in a little 4-wheeler
We passed a tree that had been struck by lightning
Ashley on "Captain Morgan." Check out those horse's blue eyes!
John on "Malone."

Here I am on "Easy Money."
Malone had one speed....slow and steady...and WAY behind. We rode for about an hour in the BEAUTIFUL back-country of Snowbird and loved every minute. The horses were so mild, and even trotted a bit from time to time. What a fun birthday present for ALL of us! Thanks again, John, for a fun day out with our not-so-little girl.

No comments:

Doing it for Me...(and them...)

Selling a home or not: Ideas for refreshing your living space I remember someone once remarked that sometimes we only update things in our...