Sunday, March 07, 2010

Feelin' the Love


Yep. I turned 35. I wasn't really thinking much about my birthday. For me, this year, it seemed the real reason for celebrating was so that my children could have some cake. I remember not too many years past my birthday was a sort of colossal event that took days of planning and filled weeks with anticipation. Now, it kinda seems like "just another day."

But I was wrong. It started like any other day. Matthew had a program at school, so we went. I came home, helped John shovel the driveway from our surprise snow storm, and checked my email. That's when the celebration began. There were so many messages from friends and family, many on facebook wishing me a Happy Birthday. As I was reading, my doorbell rang, and a couple from my ward (it was also his birthday) came and gave me a gift certificate for a 60-minute massage (she is a therapist!). I was feeling so LOVED!!!

I left and ran to Zupa's to catch lunch with my awesome family that could make it (Dad, Tiffany, Carrie, Amy and her two daughters. What a great time we had just talking and laughing. Tiffany shared some very cute and personal thoughts with me about a dream she had regarding me. It was just a very sweet afternoon.

We followed up with pastries from Cafe Normandie, and took them down to Jennifer who was tending all of the children so that we could enjoy lunch (I forget her "lame" excuse for not joining us, but she offered babysitting, and when she makes up her mind, there's no changing it.) We delivered the pastries, then sat around and laughed hours longer with her. I came home to sweet little notes from my children, and a kitchen decorated by John and Timothy with crepe paper. (Nice deco Job, boys!)

The day continued with gifts and surprises and phone calls from my amazing friends and family. I can't believe how MUCH each little call and visit meant to me. It really MADE MY DAY. My cousin, Bryan, lives in Boston, and somehow convinced a friend here in Salt Lake to even bring some cookies by my house. WHAT??? Molly, Carol, Kate and Erik, Lynette, Michelle and Linda, Marjean, Mary, Elder Swinton, and of course, my FAMILY!!!...you are ALL so thoughtful. I feel so lucky!

I then dropped pastries off to my mom (she was diagnosed with pneumonia!) and spent a few minutes visiting with her. Later, John wanted to go to the Roof for dinner, but I was feeling more like a low-key kind of celebration, so we ended up at Outback Steak House for my favorite "chicken on the barbie." Yum. We went home, rented a redbox movie, and just relaxed with the kids.

It really was a perfect day filled with friends, family, FOOD (my GOODNESS, the SWEETS!) and lots and lots of love.

Thanks to ALL OF YOU for making my day!!!

3 comments:

Melanie Bingham said...

Happy Birthday! 35 is Awesome! I've only tried it on for a month, but I have good vibes about it.

Anonymous said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY! Looks like the day was fabulous! Um, not to rub it in too much, but you know you round up now, right? 35 rounds up to 40. =)

Christina said...

Too fun!! love all the grub action on your birthday!!

I too turned 35 (back in november) it's a great year!!

Doing it for Me...(and them...)

Selling a home or not: Ideas for refreshing your living space I remember someone once remarked that sometimes we only update things in our...