Saturday, March 20, 2010

It Aint Easy Being Green

Well, St. Patrick's sorta sneaked up on me this year, and in an effort to try and be a teensey weensey bit like my mother and create memories for my children, I ventured to make green shamrock pancakes for the kids for breakfast, which really looked more like green misshapen circles, blobs, and well, deformed flora. Oh well. I think they tasted good.

Andrew was so funny. I dropped a bit of green food coloring in the bottom of his glass, so when he came and ate first, he poured his white milk from the carton, and it turned green in his glass. I've done this many times before on other occasions, but for some reason, he was confused.

"Mom, why is the milk doing that? Why is it green?"
"Well, it IS St. Patrick's day. I guess it's just St. Patrick's Day magic!" (wink wink, because, hey, this kid is TEN YEARS OLD!)
"WOW."

That was it for about 5 minutes, when suddenly he bursts out..."oh. I get it!" (He had looked in the other glasses and saw the food coloring. I wonder why it took him so long! I guess they still like surprises!)

That night we were invited to "green dinner" with my mom and a few cousins, and of COURSE I forgot my camera! Ugh!

Oh well. I did manage to sneak chocolate gold coins into their lunches without them seeing. Not much else happened. I guess we'll find that rainbow another day.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I did the green milk thing once, (I think for April Fool's Day, though) and Boston actually threw up after drinking it. She had convinced herself it was gross to the point she actually made herself sick! Uck! Looks like it was much better received at your home!

Christina said...

atleast u attempted SOMETHING! i however did not do ONE thing...seriously...im slipping in my campaigning for Mother of the Year this year BIG TIME! i better get in gear...

Doing it for Me...(and them...)

Selling a home or not: Ideas for refreshing your living space I remember someone once remarked that sometimes we only update things in our...