Friday, September 05, 2008

One Crazy Summer

I think most moms are smarter than I am. It takes me a while to catch on to things that have made households a success from the beginning of time. I've known for a while how to do certain things, but simply have not done them. One of those, I've neglected to do...ever...until this last May. I changed my summer. And, it was the best summer of my life (no, not the Summer of '69 for you Bryan Adams fans!) All I did was calendar. I know. Amazing concept. So, throw a bunch of fun activities on a calendar, mix in my sister, Amy and her husband and two kids visiting from Washington for the summer, and Jenn, Natalie, Tiffany, Carrie, Mom and Dad all living close, and you have SUCCESS! We visited the Library, parks, planted flowers...and so much more. Pics below, in no particular order:

What is summer without a lemonade sale?



At the Zoo...(with Hendricksons and Dad)



Liberty Park Splashgrounds (With Hendricksons and Dustins)



Ashley burnin' rubber (mommy-daughter date)



Miracles



Swimming in Las Vegas



F-16 Flight Simulator



Monterey Bay Hotel Aquarium



Just before John takes off on his F-16 flight with Derek O'Malley



Laser Tag (with Hendricksons)



Chalk Art by Ashley



Famous Dave's (With Loveridges and Hendricksons)



Father's Day (Grill surprise for both Dad and John)



A Hairy tale...Amy and Grandma



This is the Place Heritage Park (With Dustins, Dad, and Hendricksons)



Ava and Timothy Dancing



Videos in the car



Holden takes the wheel



Alpine Slide lift



Veggie abundance (Thanks, Brother Blatnick!)



Karole, our waiter on our Alaskan Cruise LOVING Bethany



Mom and Dad, Alaskan Cruise, sunset



Hiking in Alaska



hot-tubbin' afterward



goin' on a vacation



Butchart Gardens...almost as pretty as my girls



Natalie in the Gardens



butchart Gardens, Victoria, Canada



A new cousin! Gabriel's birthday!



Best friends, Lauren and Bethany



"The Eagle has landed"



At the cabin



Hanging at the park (with Hendricksons)



Timothy, dirty face, dirty shirt, perfect in every way



at the computer...again.



BYU season opener! Andrew, fully invested with friend Joseph



Ashley turns 10!!!



So, there you have it...one crazy summer. These are memories to last a LIFETIME, all jam-packed into three short months. What a great family we have to make these moments with. I love you ALL! Hope your summer was as great as mine.

2 comments:

Stephanie said...

Looks like a great summer. We were glad we got to squeeze into it. I love the shot of Natalie at the gardens. She looks like a giant, and the flowers are gorgeous. Love ya!

Anonymous said...

Oh my gosh...you were really serious about blogging again! Awesome! This was a fun, fun post to see all the summer highlights-I'm glad you guys got out and did so much stuff! You really took advantage of summer. Maybe next year I'll feel more settled in with five kids to come out and actually go places with you! So cute...and I love YOU all!

Doing it for Me...(and them...)

Selling a home or not: Ideas for refreshing your living space I remember someone once remarked that sometimes we only update things in our...