Sunday, October 19, 2008

FAMILY!

I love traditions. I love the simple ones of singing the same songs my mom sang to me as a child at bedtime to my children, and visiting Grandma on Sundays. I'm a big fan of those more "complicated" traditions, too! Last night was one of my favorites. Every year we get together with the Loveridge extended family and make "haunted" gingerbread houses. Here are some pictures:

Before we begin. These kids are EXCITED!!! Who wouldn't be?
Look at all that LOOT!

The finished products

Dracula's castle (and the architect)

Ashley, Matthew and Natalie and their candy castles


Thanks again to everyone for bringing candy, and to Tim and Tiffany for hosting (and for that AMAZING soup and homemade breadsticks!) Love to you all!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Good fun! I must say, your house was the best one there! Err, I mean the HIGHEST one there! Glad you didn't chicken out like the rest of us!

Melanie Bingham said...

Oh you are so darling!!!!...how fun these blogs are that we can catch up with people! You are a great blogger...I only read those blogs that are entertaining, have substance or I just plain like the person...you've got all three!

Doing it for Me...(and them...)

Selling a home or not: Ideas for refreshing your living space I remember someone once remarked that sometimes we only update things in our...