Saturday, October 11, 2008

Just a Good Day

I really liked yesterday. Of course, I stayed up way too late on Thursday night, and on Friday Ashley was performing in school devotional, so we had to ALL get up, showered, ironed and dressed and out the door by 8:20. It wasn't THAT bad, but I was so grateful that I didn't have 9:00 church every week after that, I can tell you!

I love going to the kids' school. It's just a great place with a good feeling, and actually, quite a few good friends. Over the years I've come to know more and more parents of other students, and it's always fun to see them...and Mr. Jeffs, of course! He always has this "surprised" and "pleased" look on his face when he sees us (despite the noisy toddlers in our arms!)

After devotional, I got an unexpected visit from Tiffany who helped me clean my house for an hour or so. I don't know what possesses that woman, but she is in TUNE with the cleaning bee. She always knows just what and WHEN to help, and yesterday was no exception. Thanks, Tiff!

Then we both dropped over to Mom's house...with JEFF of all people and hung for a while, helping her organize her new kitchen. Again, Tiffany's amazing skills came in very handy, here!

At around 5:00, I had a new BFF come and stay at my home with her husband. Steph is one of those people that you KNOW you knew in heaven, and now we're just getting reacquainted. She and her husband came from Arizona for a funeral, and I had the good fortune of being on the "to visit" list! What a treat! We chatted, went to dinner, shared stories, philosophized, pondered, ate some more, chatted some more, shared ideas, and all before about 2:20 a.m. I LOVE these people! Thanks for coming to see me!--and thanks for the ADORABLE hand-made bracelet! (Steph really knows the way to THIS girl's heart!)

All in all, it was just a good day. Full of family, friends, food, frivolity, fruit, frolicking, fatigue ;) and FUN. Love to all of you who made my day.

3 comments:

Marshall said...

Glad your day was happy!

I miss hanging out with my family! Just a matter of months before we can be regular visitors too!

Stephanie said...

It was a wonderful evening! You are and amazing hostess. We love you too.

my mudda' calls me jack said...

Thanks for putting up with my sister and making her feel so special. Dandi and I will be putting your check in the mail today! :)

Doing it for Me...(and them...)

Selling a home or not: Ideas for refreshing your living space I remember someone once remarked that sometimes we only update things in our...