Monday, October 06, 2008

The List

These are a very few of the many things that got accomplished in my home last week:

*lunches made in the mornings for three kids going to school
*spot-cleaned carpets after the kids forgetting the "no food out of the kitchen" rule
*made 2 loaves of homemade bread on Sunday when the realization came that there was no bread for school lunches on Monday
*re-attached a broken stove hood
*spoon-fed the baby
*vacuumed EVERY day
*did dishes almost every dinnertime
*mopped kitchen floor
*folded clean laundry
*woke kids up early to get in shower
*changed diapers
*cleaned clutter and vacuumed out my car
*took Andrew to Football
*picked up kids from piano lessons
*picked up Matthew mid-day from pre-school
*did 100+ sit-ups every morning
*drove kids to school every morning
*ironed kids' shirts for school, church

Now, those may not seem like anything special to any of you, but they are to me, because JOHN did all of that last week. He is amazing. Sometimes I think I'm living in a dream, but when he made 2 loaves of bread yesterday, I KNEW I was living in a dream. He's so cool it blows my mind.

Now that you know it was him, I'll add that he works so hard every day earning money for our family, trying to improve the lives of not only our family, but for so many strangers in the world. He absolutely lives what he preaches, and is a walking model of so many things that I want to be myself.

He makes us all laugh, he constantly makes up jokes and teases the kids, tickles them, and makes them feel good. He is the organizational pillar of our home, and the model of self-control. He is brilliant, and remembers so much of what he hears. He is righteous, strong, humble. To quote Marvin J. Ashton speaking of President Kimball, "He is a most remarkable blend of velvet and steel."

I love John to pieces. I SO don't deserve him. He is my better in every way, and I have NO IDEA how to keep up with him! But I'm glad I get the rest of eternity to try.

Thanks honey!

Here he is with Natalie on that new coaster in Park City



He loves his little "Bess-a-boo"



He buys me chocolate-dipped strawberries for no apparent reason (and I eat them with no apparent guilt)



He loves swiss chocolate (even for breakfast in bed!)



Catching a rare nap (after reading and learning something new, of course)



Off into the wild blue yonder (Isn't he manly?)



Eating pizza



Bouncin' off the walls with the kids



Feeding Timothy...and ENJOYING it!



His "Mr. Bean" impersonation



Keeping ALL of the kids busy at the hospital in that tiny little room when Carrie's baby was born!



Hanging out at the cabin



Here's a scene we get to see just about EVERY day



Taking the kids to school



So now, after looking at the pictures, you may be asking yourself "What, then, does KIM do?" Well, in truth, I think most women do much more than I do, because I'm lucky enough to have someone who is home so much of the time. I think we're blessed with unusual circumstances, but it's just that: a blessing.

Thanks again for being SO MUCH to our family, John! Love you!

2 comments:

Kristi said...

What a sweet post. Our husbands do bring out the best in us. John is wonderful and so are you. I think you two make a great team!xoxo

Stephanie said...

Gotta love those priceless few amazing hubbies.

Doing it for Me...(and them...)

Selling a home or not: Ideas for refreshing your living space I remember someone once remarked that sometimes we only update things in our...